Thursday 7 June 2012

Aloe Vera Shots – A Fun Step Towards Anti-Aging?

Pin It Now!



One of my dear readers requested information on aloe vera supplements.  I personally have never tried it and certainly not for the purpose of maintaining youthful exuberance.  And yet I was very intrigued.  So I promptly jumped online very excitedly, to see what my literature review was going to hit me with today..

And voila.  Aloe vera shots are going to be my drink of the moment.  Packed with vitamins C, B and a bit of A, this enriched drink appears to have improved the visible signs of facial wrinkles in this delightful Korean study. 

The authors suggested that aloe may increase oxygen access by tissues or possibly stimulate fibroblast activity and collagen proliferation.  If this sounds a bit like mumbo jumbo, then all you need to know is that aloe gels may just about improve your facial wrinkles and skin elasticity.

More good news is that aloe vera may help with constipation, osteoarthritis, bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and even in depression.

If it does nothing for you, at best you might try something new without it costing an arm or a leg.  So perhaps we should pair this darling plant with other vitamin packed fruits for an antioxidant packed breakfast smoothie drink.  Aloe may have been yesterday’s celebrity, but with the promise of summer round the corner (any day now), we might as well get started on looking our very best.

I am thinking bananas, berries, mangoes and an aloe vera shot to go with.  Now if only I knew what aloe vera tasted like?




You can also view this article online on Anti-Aging Forum.